I just returned from an amazing 5 days in sunny Austin, TX. This was my 3rd year at SxSWi and it was as jam packed, exhausting, and energizing as any I've been to in the past! I decided not to do the panel-hopping thing this year and instead spend quality time with people I rarely get to see.
(I was also spotted singing karaoke on the RVIP bus, which I never do either!)
But when I came home yesterday, I realized that I brought home a ton of stuff, despite making my best attempt to stay away from the conference hall and the oodles of swag handed out every year.
Here's what I brought home with me:
- 3 Gowalla shirts (2 t-shirts and 1 adorable 3/4 length hoodie)
- 2.5 pairs of YouTube knee-high socks (now I just need a kickball game to play in!)
- A ditto shirt
- An Urban Airship shirt
- A professional photo for my about.me page!
- 2 sample BankSimple credit cards (cannot wait for this one to launch!)
- AllThingsD temporary tattoo
- Alfred "butler" (this thing doubles as a screen & keyboard cleaning tool)
- Signed copy of Cadence & Slang (thanks Nick!)
- Pack of AOL matches
- 2 LEGO keychains
- 2 months free of TripIt Pro
- About 50 business cards
- Slides from my panel on Games for Change
- 100 trees planted in the Mahabana Estuary in Madagascar (thanks to The Play Mob and Mike Robert tweeting up my panel!)
Oh, and I walked a total of 79,551 steps (or 34.8 miles) across 5 days.
What did you bring home?